Skip to content
Scroll to Top
Gem & Jewellery Export
How to initiate export procedure [Flow of Export Procedure]?
- Registration: Registration as an exporter of the export services division and submit items with commercial invoice
- Weighing: Items for individually crosscheck with the invoice by Assistant Director or Export Service officer
- Examine: Items examine at the examination table by Valuer/ gemologist and gem appraise, NGJA officials in the presence of the exporter or his authorized officer
- Sealing: Parcel seal with sealing wax by NGJA officials, custom officials
- Documentation: Obtain insurance coverage for the export parcels and service fee will be payable to NGJA
- Approving: Granting the approval of export under the NGJA act
- Releasing: Permission of export under the NGJA act delivery and the obligation of accompanying any exported cargo with the movement document.
Where can we visit for Gems & Jewellery exports?
Exports, Re- exports & Imports are related to Gems, Jewelry, Diamonds, Diamond Jewellery and Rough Geuda is handled by the Export Services Divisions of the NGJA
The main Export Services Division of the NGJA operates at the 1st Floor, National Gem and Jewelry Authority,Macksons Tower, Colombo 3. Parallel office are operated at Air Cargo Village Katunayake,
The staff is as follows Assistant Director (Export Services & Export Marketing), Export Services Officer,2 Implementation Officers, 3 Management Assistants, 2 Office Assistants.
What type of category can I export?
- Cut & Polished Gemstones
- Jewellery (Silver/ Gold/ Platinum) or Gem embedded Jewellery
- RIE (Import Re Export- After Value Addition)
- Diamond Jewellery
- Geuda & Geuda katta